The Elite Corps de Ballet of Long Island - a non-for-profit ballet company that was established by Artistic Director, Susan Nachtrab, in the Summer of 2008, in hopes of creating strong connections with local dance schools and students through the presentation of an annual ballet performance of “The Nutcracker”. It has been in recent years the Mrs. Nachtrab has felt a longing to branch out to the community and to other local dance schools in order to form a bond, whereas dance students from the local community, regardless of their primary source of dance instruction, may be able to grow as young artists, performers and students while gaining a sense of incomparable professionalism.
- All dancers should put their name in their dance shoes! If you need to borrow shoes from ECB please make arrangements with Miss Susan ASAP
- All female dancers will be required to have and wear a skin-colored camisole with clear straps, underneath their costumes. This is so all dancers may change with modesty.
- All female dancers in Snow Scene & Act II (except Angels/ Polichinelles) are required to wear a pair of “performance earrings”. These are special costume earrings that may be purchased cheaply. They should be bright, simple studs made from rhinestone or cubic zirconium. Backs should be reinforced. Please do not wear expensive earrings. You may NOT wear dangling earring. You may NOT wear any other form of jewelry (including necklaces, bracelets, rings or watches). Party Moms are the only performers who may wear ornate period costume jewelry unless noted further by Miss Susan.
- Hair should be done according to the costume plot below. Dancers should be slicked back with gel and hairspray (no wispy/ loose hair). Please make sure to have extra bobby pins and hair accessories.
- Please refer to your email attachment for costume needs/ hair for each role